I used Calumet Photographic in Bristol as my equipment rental, as I decided to use companies based in Bristol and therefore more local to my shoots. In a similar move, I decided to shoot my studio images in Jefferson Studios on West Street to keep it local. My book will be made at Blurb as I have heard good feedback about them and they are quite flexible in design for the book.
A few points need to be noted about my invoice:
- I actually hired out a D700 for six days and a D800 for five. However, I intended to book out the D800 for those six days but couldn't due to it being used for HDSLR workshops until Friday, which was not good for me as I had my graduation that day. I instead booked out the D700 so I could get it at an earlier day. Calumet didn't have a D700 in stock, so due to this and the aforementioned reason, I stated that I used a D800 for the 11 days.
- My Blurb book costs £31.12 due to the selection I made. I chose to make a standard landscape book (from £12.95), with 20 pages (with no extra payment), hardcover with a dust jacket and charcoal-coloured linen, "proline white" endsheets, and matte-finish paper. The majority of these choices bump up the price of the book.
- I have completed six shoots for this project.
- I also had to buy walking-style shoes and walking socks for cultural descriptions due to the rough terrain at the location of my shoots.
I was surprised how costly the expenses of my cultural descriptions were, and I am very thankful for the free rentals of the equipment and studios at uni! I'll be taking advantage of them as much as I can during the remainder of my time at UWE.

No comments:
Post a Comment