As mentioned in my statement of intent, as well as a possible career involving moving image, I am also interested in the possibility of teaching sixth form students photography. Due to choosing to undertake a work experience module next semester, I have tailored my cover letter to suit a possible placement I will apply for at the Post-16 Center at Ashton Park School. This is a speculative cover letter, as I have not seen a position advertised.
Dear ____________,
My name is Lorna
Rollings; and I am a second year student studying for a Bachelor Arts
Honours degree in Photography at the University of the West of
England. I am writing to ask if there is any possibility of a work
experience placement available in the photography department.
I previously studied
for my A-Levels at the Post-16 Centre from 2008 – 2010, and feel
that my education here was instrumental in my decision to continue my
studies to university level and become a photographer. I achieved an
A grade in AS and A-Level Photography here under the tuition of Colin
Mustoe and Anita Reynolds, before going on to gain a Foundation
Degree in Professional Photography from the University of
Gloucestershire.
As I am in my second
year of my degree, I am starting to think of what I would like to do
in the future, and teaching photography is something that I am
considering. After five years of practising photography, I have many
skills in both digital and film photography, but would like to gain
some experience working with sixth form students. I feel that an
opportunity like this will not only improve my understanding of what
it is like to teach, but will also aid my personal development.
As I have mentioned, I
believe that this opportunity will help me in my personal development
and I am happy to apply the skills I already have as I move forward
towards a career path. Any further contact would be very much
appreciated.
Thank you very much for
your time.
Kind regards,
Lorna Rollings
(contact information)
No comments:
Post a Comment