Friday, 9 November 2012

Contacting Photographers

Following a previous post about contacting photographers, here is the standard template for the emails that I sent on Tuesday. Some questions have been tailored to that artist's work if applicable.

Dear __________,

I am a BA (Hons) student currently working towards my Photography degree at the University of the West of England. As part of a project, I am looking into the photography industry and in particular, how and why photographers are using moving image and including it in their portfolios. I came across your name during my research into photographers who are embracing film making. 

I would be very grateful if you could answer questions on this topic and anything else you feel is necessary. 

  • What inspired you to begin using moving image and why?
  • What equipment do you use to capture your moving image work?
  • How much of your moving image work has been commissioned?
  • Have you found that your photography skills have translated easily to a different medium of work? If so, how?
  • Has your moving image work influenced your still photography?
  • Do you think it is important for photographers to expand into moving image?

I look forward to hearing your response and your opinions on moving image.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Lorna Rollings

No comments:

Post a Comment